Thursday, November 3, 2016

Best Experience

Throughout my life I have lived through good and bad experiences.  Today I will share about one of the best experiences of my life.  While attending undergrad at Molloy College, I minored in Spanish and took a trip of a lifetime to study abroad in Spain.  A classmate of mine had suggested this trip and persuaded me to travel with her.  I am beyond grateful that I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and am lucky that I was financially able to do so as well.  Upon arriving in Spain, I was filled with curiosity and the desire to absorb culture and thrilling experiences.  After meeting the group I would spend the next month with, we quickly became friendly and were ready to take on this adventure.  We went to school, tried new food, leaned to dance salsa, visited museums and other historical places, and took a lot of pictures.  My favorite part of the trip was taking a weekend vacation with only the students to Barcelona.  I felt independent and alive.  Span was a beautiful place filled with art, different styles of clothing and architecture, and very nice people.  I even formed a friendly relationship with a girl from Indiana that lived in the same house as I did.

Vocabulary :
attend-to be present at
absorb-to involve the full attention of; to engross or engage wholly
suggest-to mention or introduce
persuade-to induce to believe by appealing to reason or understanding; convince
desire-to wish or long for; crave; want
minor-Education. of or relating to a field of study constituting a student's minor
classmate-a member of the same class at a school or college

Grammar Point:
prepositional phrase is a group of words that consist of a preposition and an object. Prepositions are words such as in, at, on, by, and many more. This phrase modifies a noun or verb by adding additional information to the subject and action in the sentence.


Ex: I want to travel around the world
 "around the world" is a prepositional phrase with the proposition "around" and the object "the world"

Write 2 sentences with a propositional phrase.

1) _____________________________________________________________________

2) _____________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this entry. I have always wanted to travel to Spain and your blog entry made me want to take that trip even more now. Studying abroad is a wonderful opportunity that students should really try to take advantage of if they are financially able to do so. It sounds as if you had a really wonderful time and gained far more from the experience than earning additional credits. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete