Thursday, November 3, 2016

Vacations

As a person who loves to travel, 2016 has been quite eventful. In January I began planning my trips for the year. These trips took place in Florida, Canada, Alaska, and Bermuda.  First, my cousins and I celebrated my cousins bachelorette party in Florida.  Here we spent time hanging out by the beach, pool and delicious restaurants.  In July, my friends and I journeyed to Canada by car.  This was my first road trip.  We went from Niagara Falls to Toronto and made a last stop in Montreal before coming back.  The people in Toronto showed us around and took us to the CN Tower where we viewed the whole city while eating lunch as the restaurant rotated in a circle around the tower. That was a memorable experience.  Shortly after, my family took a cruise around Alaska.  I learned a lot about the other side of the country and saw beautiful places.  The best part of the vacation was flying in a helicopter and landing on an iceberg where we then went dog sledding. What an unbelievable experience. Last but not least was my trip to the most breathtaking island of Bermuda. A friend accompanied me on this trip and together we explored the most beautiful beaches.  We also decided to go jet skiing to the Bermuda Triangle for a fun adventure.  My life is exciting because of the places I visit and memories I make on my excursions around the world.  I will continue to travel to new places in 2017.

Verbs:
A Verb can be any member of a class of words that function as the main elements of predicates, that typically express action, state, or a relation between two things, and that may be inflected for tense, aspect, voice, mood, and to show agreement with their subject or object.
Grammer Point:
The key word in most sentences, the word that reveals what is happening, is the verb. It can declare something (You ran), ask a question (Did you run?), convey a command (Run faster!), or express a wish (May this good weather last!) or a possibility (If you had run well, you might have won; if you run better tomorrow, you may win). You cannot have a complete English sentence without at least one verb. 

Vocabulary:
travel-to go from one place to another
journey-to make a journey; travel
view-to see; watch
rotated-to cause to turn around an axis or center point; revolve
explored-to traverse or range over (a region, area, etc.) for the purpose of discovery
celebrated-to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities
accompanied-to go along or in company with; join in action

Vocabulary Activity:
Draw a line and connect the correct definition to each of the following vocabulary words.

celebrated-                                    to go from one place to another                     

rotated-                                                                             
                                                         to make a journey; travel
explored-                                                                                
                                                        to see; watch
accompanied-                                                                             
                                                          to cause to turn around an axis or center point;                                                                                                    revolve
travel-                                                                          
                                                         to traverse or range over (a region, area, etc.) for                                                                                                the purpose of discovery
view-                                                                       
                                                      to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event)                                                                                                   with ceremonies or festivities
journey-                                                                  
                                                     to go along or in company with; join in action

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your grammar point. I thought it was great that you gave an example for each type of sentence that you mentioned. I also thought your vocabulary activity was fun. I can recall doing those types of activities very fondly when I was in elementary school. My absolute favorite part of this entry was reading about how you landed on an iceberg (from a helicopter) and then went dog sledding! I bet that you will never forget that experience because of how unique and exciting it must have been.

    ReplyDelete